Temporary Battery Storage
Akademi Cevre conducts its waste battery and accumulator temporary storage activities ‘’Waste Battery Temporary Storage" permit which is issued by the Directorate of Environment and Urbanization Department. We are cooperating with AKÜDER (Accumulator and Recycling Industrialists Association), Tüm AKÜDER (All Battery Importers and Manufacturers Association), and TAP (Portable Battery Manufacturers and Importers Association), which are authorized institutions for waste batteries and accumulators. "Waste Accumulator Authorized Collector" certificate has been issued by these authorized associations on behalf of our business.
What are Battery Storage Conditions?
- The facility has an entrance section, a waste accumulator acceptance unit, a waste accumulator process area, and other work areas,
- The facility is suitable for the entrance and exit of waste accumulator vehicles,
- Taking the perimeter of the facility under protection, being a fence or wall where the entrance and exit is controlled, prohibiting the unauthorized entry of anyone other than the personnel to the area,
- Ensuring ground impermeability in parts of the facility area in contact with the waste accumulator, for this purpose, making reinforced concrete or asphalt floors with a thickness of at least 25 cm and coating the walls with an acid-resistant material,
- Placing no more than five of leakage and non-leaking waste accumulators on top of each other, keeping leaking accumulators in sealed polypropylene containers
- Availability of an acid neutralization unit or necessary treatment units for the acids contained in waste accumulators,
- Protection of the waste receiving area and operation area against rain,
- Storage of rainwater, washing, and similar wastewater generated in the field separately and by the limit values in the Water Pollution Control Regulation